West Dunbartonshire CAB needs you!
Volunteering with CAB is interesting, friendly and very worthwhile. Full training and support is given so no formal qualifications or experience are required. The staff at each of the three CAB offices in West Dunbartonshire (Alexandria, Dumbarton and Clydebank) offers new trainees daily support within a very friendly environment.
What does it take to be an advisor?
All sorts of people volunteer as CAB advisors and provide free, confidential, independent and impartial advice. There are some things Bureau Advisors have in common though. CAB Advisors:
- Good listeners
- Work well in teams
- Can read and write English, and do basic arithmetic
- Have basic computer skills
- Are open minded and don’t judge people or their circumstances
- Enjoy helping all kinds of people
- Are prepared to commit to at least six hours each week
Why not think about volunteering?
You will never look back as you make a difference and feel a difference.
Volunteer Application Form
If you find the form difficult to understand or complete, please call your local bureau. The commitment to the WDCAB as a volunteer is 6 hours per week. Please click here if you would rather download and complete a printed version of this form.
* As part of the recruitment procedure we may collect and store sensitive personal data about you - General Data Protection Regulations require that we obtain your express consent to such data being recorded. It is our policy to store data relating to recruitment procedures for a minimum of 3 months after the date on which it is submitted. Any information of this nature will be treated confidentially and will be stored securely. No information will be shared with third parties without your explicit consent.
Sensitive personal data is defined as information relating to any of the following: racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union membership, health, sexuality, offences and/or convictions.
For the purposes of the Act the Data Controller is West Dunbartonshire CAB.